2022 Seasonal Employment
Job Title: Field technician
Employer: South Salt Lake Valley Mosquito Abatement District
Opening Date: 21 January 2022
Closing Date: 4 March 2022
Openings: We are looking to fill approximately 20 seasonal vector control technician positions
Starting wages: $14.00 – $16.50 per hour
Hours: 7:00 am – 3:30 pm (+/- 30 minutes based on job assignment), Monday –Friday
Term: Start dates: Start dates are flexible. Preferred start dates are April 4, April 25, May 2, or June 6
End date: not later than 30 September 2022; preferably not earlier than 20 August 2022
South Salt Lake Valley Mosquito Abatement District is the first line of defense against mosquitoes and the diseases they carry. As a field technician, you’ll be assigned to one of our teams to help us fulfill this mission. We are looking for active, enthusiastic individuals who do not want to be stuck behind a desk, love the outdoors, want to make a real and lasting difference in people’s lives, and excitement in their employment. With full-time hours, competitive pay structure, excellent daily work schedule, and weekends, evenings, and holidays off, we know you’ll love it here!
Examples of Duties
- Conduct outdoor field work inspecting and treating potential mosquito production sites with pesticide either from a bicycle or using handheld or backpack mounted equipment.
- Deploy and retrieve mosquito surveillance traps
- Provide information about mosquitoes and mosquito control and avoidance, and mosquito borne diseases to members of the public
- Office and laboratory functions
- Valid driver’s license
- At least 17-years-old
- Lift and carry 50 pounds (especially applicable to mosquito crew)
- Able to communicate in English
- Learn to identify mosquito or black fly larvae and pupae
- Must be available for work from 7:00 am to 3:30 pm Monday through Friday
- Obtain a Utah non-commercial pesticide applicator license within 2 weeks of employment (District will provide study materials and paid study hours)
SEE what a seasonal job entails by watching this video.
South Salt Lake Valley Mosquito Abatement District is an equal opportunity employer.